SCRREEN 2nd ANNUAL CRITICAL RAW MATERIALS EVENT
12 November 2018, Le Plaza Hotel, Brussels
The second annual Critical Raw Materials (CRMs) event offers an opportunity to a variety of stakeholders to get a fresh update about the latest EU activities in the field of Critical Raw Materials. The event is co-organised by the European Commission, and the Horizon 2020 project SCRREEN – the European Expert Network on CRM, together with other EU projects. The event will announce the launch of the next CRM assessment.
SCRREEN will also make a presentation during the Knowledge Management Event on 15 November: “Feeding the current criticality methodology with EU-based industry data”.
PHOTOS FROM THE 2017 EVENT
CRM in our everyday life
The second Annual Critical Raw Materials (CRMs) Event offers an opportunity to a variety of stakeholders to get a fresh update about the latest EU activities in the field of Critical Raw Materials. The event takes place during the Raw Materials Week 2018 and is co-organised by the European Commission, and the Horizon 2020 project SCRREEN, together with the EU projects CROCODILE, NEMO, DEMETER, REE4EU, COLLECTORS, ECO COM’BAT, INTMET, SLIM, GLOREIA, EXTREME, SCALE and SustCritMat.
Following the success of the Raw Materials Week 2017, the 3rd edition of the EU “Raw Materials Week” will take place from Monday 12 to Friday 16 November 2018 in Brussels. It builds up on a series of events organised by the European Commission addressing the latest news on raw materials in the EU. It will be a unique opportunity for the raw materials community to discuss and exchange on all relevant issues: policy, technology, international cooperation, framework conditions, knowledge base etc.
AGENDA AND PRESENTATIONSDownload agenda
Welcome and Opening Remarks – Mr Gwenole Cozigou, Director, Industrial Transformation and Advanced Value Chains, DG GROW, European Commission (EC) Importance of critical raw materials, future demand and supply – Mr Peter Buchholz, DERA at BGR, DE
Session I: CRMs in specific value chains – Chaired by Mr Peter Handley, Head of Unit, Resource Efficiency and Raw Materials, DG GROW, EC
- Critical raw materials in strategic value chains – Ms Darina Blagoeva, DG JRC, EC CRM and Automotive – TBD
- Cobalt and electrical vehicles, where are the risks? – Mr Etienne Bouyer, CEA
Session II: Applications, environmental and industrial challenges: how to improve public perception of the CRMs? – Chaired by Mr Guillaume Pitron, expert journalist in CRMs
With the contribution of 4 tentative panelists:
- Mr. Christian Hagelüken (Umicore)
- Ms Solvita Kostjukova (ALINA LLC)
- Mr. Frédéric Goettmann (Extracthive)
Session III: R&D&I on CRM in Europe – Co-chaired by Mr Stéphane Bourg, SCRREEN Coordinator and a representative of DG JRC, EC
- SCRREEN: deploying new value chains: voluntary standards, policies and regulatory framework – Mr Stéphane Bourg and Mr Guenter Tiess, MINPOL
- CROCODILE – Mr Nader Akil, PNO
- NEMO – Mr Lieven Machiels, KU Leuven
- REE4EU – Ms Anna Maria Martinez, SINTEF
- Substitution and CRM: results of the SCRREEN Substitution Expert Group reflexions on selected sectors – Ms Susanne Coles, KTN
- Training and Education: DEMETER – Ms Gwendolyn Bailey, KU LEuven